Thursday 8 October 2009

Evaluation for my radio Jingle

For my Radio Jingles I had to create three different types which were a radio news jingle, a show promo and a show ident.To create these three jingles I used a program called soundbooth,I found the program easy to use because it allowed me to use the pieces of music that I had chosen to use. Each jingle had to be 30 seconds long so that you could get the feeling for the different types.

For my Radio Ident I used Black Eyed Peas I Gotta Feeling as the music for the background whilst I recorded my voice introducing the show which was SNC Live! I had a few problems when trying to record my show ident because there was too much background noise so I had to keep trying to record it till I had a good enough recording. But it wasn’t all bad though the good points were that it sounded ok when I had finished it and the volume for both the voice and the background music was at a volume that sounded good through the speakers. If I had to do the show ident again then I would make sure that when I record my voice that it wouldn’t be drowned out by the other background noises.

For my Show Promo I used some music that had a steady but rhythmic beat to it so that it would fit well with my voice which I had recorded earlier. I think that my show promo was good but that it could have been better if I had some more music to use so that it sounded more rhythmic. The main good points about my show promo were that it could with a few tweaks become a good promo that I could have used. If I had to do my show promo again then I would gather some more music to use as my backing music so that it would sound better.

For my News Jingle I used music that had a beat to it that sounded like news beat but so that it still had a beat to it that would catch other people’s attention and get them to listen to the news stories. I think that my News jingle was good because it sounded like a news jingle and it would catch people’s attention. But there were some bad points such as when my recording of my voice was placed over the news jingle you couldn’t hear what I was saying because the jingles volume was to high so I had to lower the volume so that you could hear my voice over the jingle but not to low that you couldn’t hear the jingle. If I had to do my radio jingle again then I would make my voice sound a lot more commanding over the jingle so that it would sound better.

Overall I think that all three of my radio jingles were good but that if I had the chance I would do this task again and put some more music and voice on to the tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment